Jun 28, 2017

Phone Belonging To Murdered Woman Lands Couple In Jail


Mobile phone belonging to 45-year-old Mrs. Amaka Okere, who was kidnapped and murdered in Mbieri, Mbaitoli LGA of Imo State, has landed a man in jail.
The suspect, Emeka Adibe, upon who claimed his wife Monica gave him the phone, was paraded alongside his wife by the Imo State Police Command in Owerri, yesterday. Mrs Adibe said it was her twin sister’s husband who gave her the phone. .

Monica said:“I am a native of Arochukwu in Abia State; I am married with two kids. I went for a child dedication in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. “While preparing to return home, my sister’s husband gave me a phone. I did not know it was not his. .
When I returned home, my husband saw the phone, took it and started using it; the Police arrested him. I came to ask why he was arrested and the Police also arrested me.” .
.
Her husband Mr. Emeka Adibe, said: “I swear, I don’t know anything about the phone. It is my wife that brought it and the police saw it and arrested me. This phone has put me in trouble.” ..
Speaking on the issue, the state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Ezike, said: “On March 1, one Mrs Amaka Okere was kidnapped and murdered. Investigations are in progress. Emeka and Monica Adibe were arrested on June 15 in Rivers State and the victim’s telephone handset recovered from them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment