Jun 30, 2017

Driver, Conductor divert truck, sell goods worth six million naira and take off to Libya


A driver and conductor identified as Friday John Asumhere and Samson Michael Itotoh respectively have allegedly hit the road to Libya after diverting and selling their master's Mercedes Benz Truck reg number AFZ 689 XG with goods worth six million naira. Friday was said to have taken his younger brother and the trio bolted off to Libya.

While narrating the incident, the owner of the truck and goods Mr Simon Onojeide said:
" My name is Simon Onojeide Aka OBADESANRE, I employed Friday as a driver in January in uromi at a workshop belonging to Clement Otobohu on New Agbor Road opposite Ever Well Water Factory adjacent to Sabema Hotel... And the conductor was hired in December last year a week to Xmas.

" On the 20th of March 2016 my client named Valentine CHUKWUDI Benerd-Eze whom I have been lifting his goods since 2015 called me to come pick his goods from Benin to Auchi. At that time, I was in Lagos for other transactions so I called my driver Friday who was already in Benin to go and load the goods and take them to Auchi. Unknowingly they have mapped out plans to divert the goods anytime they have such goods in their possession"

They were to convey 300 bags of dangote sugar and 50 buckets of Topper margarine of 10 kg to Auchi but they carried the goods and never didn't deliver it to the owner Chukwudi Valentine

Speaking further, he said. " I went to New Benin police station to make a report and on getting there I was detained on the orders of the DPO Mr. abdullahi and I was transferred to State CID where I did nine days . Now the buyers of the goods were arrested in Ore Ondo state when the human trafficking agent one Hope from the same Uromi who arranged the boys' trip to Libya was arrested....he confessed that the trio were already in Niger enroute Libya"

" The goods have been paid for but I yet to get my truck back" he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment