Jun 29, 2017

face of a young man 'beaten to death with shovel' at a service station


This is the face of a young man who was battered to death in front of his parents at a service station.

Tributes flooded into the 20-year-old victim, named locally as Quhey Saunders from Stanford-le-Hope, after he died in hospital on Wednesday morning.

Mr Saunders, who has been described as a “loving young man” by family and friends, collapsed at the Cobham Services motorway petrol station after being attacked during a row on the forecourt.
Witnesses described seeing “lots of vicious punches and kicks being thrown” before one of the attackers grabbed a shovel from the back of the van and struck the victim’s head.

Police have since launched a murder investigation after Mr Saunders' life support machine was turned off at St George's Hospital in Tooting.

His girlfriend, Larosa Smith, wrote on Facebook: “He wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend, my full life.

“I'm so lost without him, knowing I can't just ring he's phone and hear his voice or fall asleep on the phone like we did every night.

“Even when we'd argue we would ring each other and not talk, just go to sleep on the phone. It's the little things what mean the most. I love you with all my heart my Quhey.”

She added: “I really don't know how I'm gonna live without you you was my everything I lived every day for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment