Jan 17, 2012

'No man will degrade her, or call her names,' Jay-Z new poem.



Rapper Jay-Z has vowed to stop using the word 'b***h' after the birth of daughter Blue Ivy.
The hip-hop star will cease to use the word that features in almost all of his previous hits.
In a poem dedicated to his newborn baby girl Blue Ivy Carter, Jay-Z reveals his newfound stance on the misogynistic word.
'Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich, I didn't think hard about using the word b***h,' he wrote.


'I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it. Now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it.'
The poem was released a week after the release of Glory, a song which featured baby Blue's first sounds and earned her a spot in Billboard chart history.
'No man will degrade her, or call her names,' Jay-Z continues in his poem.
'I'm so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. I wish you wealth, health and insight. Forever young you may pass. Blue Ivy Carter, my angel.'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment