Feb 16, 2013

Beyonce On Jay-Z: ‘I Would Not Be the Woman I Am, If I Did Not Go Home to That Man’



Beyonce and Jay-Z’s relationship has been going strong for 10+ years which is so rare in the entertainment industry. Although Beyonce is very hush-hush when it comes to her marriage, this weekend, she will unveil a little more about her bond with Jay-Z during an intimate sit-down with Oprah that will air an hour before her HBO documentary is set to premiere.

During the interview, she tells Oprah:I would not be the woman I am, if I did not go home to that man. And it just gives me such a foundation. [He has helped me] On so many levels. We were friends first, for a year and half. Before we went on any date, on the phone for a year and a half. And that foundation is so important in a relationship. And just to have someone that you just like, is so important. And someone that is honest.

Beyonce also reveals that she gained almost 60 pounds during her pregnancy and looking back, she thinks it was crazy that she did a show just three months after she gave birth:

I did a show three months after giving birth, which was crazy. I had clearly never given birth, and I didn’t know that I would gain 60 pounds—57 pounds. I feel so fortunate to do my job. I love my job. I love singing. I love the way it feels.

My life is a journey. … I had to go through my miscarriage, I believe I had to go through owning my company and managing myself … ultimately your independence comes from knowing who you are and you being happy with yourself.

Sidebar: How many people are actually taking the time to get to know each other over the phone for a period of time these days? That’s a key component to building a great friendship and relationship. It seems as though these days, after a few texts messages and social media dm’s, folks are jumping straight in bed with each other. This new era of microwave relationships is crazy…

No comments:

Post a Comment