Jul 3, 2017

Runtown Denies Selling ‘Aye’ To Davido


Following rumors Davido bought his 2014 hit song ‘Aye’ from Runtown, the Mad over Your crooner, put an end to the reports.
There were reports Runtown sold the song to Davido so he could feature in his song Gallardo. He once directed newsmen to Davido adding that he has answers to that question.
“Davido has had a number of interviews where he addressed how the song came about. So if you want to learn more about Aye ask David or read his interviews. The first time I heard about that, I felt it was nobody’s business to raise issues like that. I know we are in Africa and people like to ask questions, but it is certainly not my business. You cannot clarify from me. Maybe the song sounds like something I would have done myself, perhaps that is why people are saying so.”

Confirming his statement to Punch, he said:

“I don’t sell songs; I just write for myself. I don’t know about the claim by some people that I sold the song, Aye, to Davido. It’s absolutely not true. Even Davido would tell you that he did not buy the song from me. Besides, if he bought Aye from me, what about his other songs; did I sell those ones to him too?”

No comments:

Post a Comment