Jul 27, 2017

Shocked woman sees dead mother watering the garden on Google Earth


A woman was left stunned after she saw her mother watering plants on Google Street View 18 months after she had died.

Denise Underhill, who moved to Florida from Tamworth, Staffordshire, said she felt the urge to check on her old home.

But she was given the shock of a lifetime when she spotted her mother tending to the garden outside her home.

"As I went about my housework, I somehow instantaneously had the impulse to call my mother but realising that it was completely out of the question," she told the Tamworth Herald.

“I decided to Google Earth my mother’s home to see how it looked, considering, since she had passed away in 2015 and the property had been sold."

As Denise searched her road, she spotted her house thanks to a tall silver birch treet and zoomed in on the view.

There she got the fright of her life when she recognised her mother dressed in a white polka dot shirt and blue trousers tending to the garden with a blue watering can, in a picture clearly taken many years prior.

“I got the BIGGEST surprise EVER! I just couldn't believe it.

At the foot of the driveway was my mother. She was watering the garden just as she always did."

Beryl Turton died 18 months ago, but Denise was over the moon to see the picture of her tending the hedge at her home in Chaytor Road, Polesworth.

"I was absolutely astounded - it made my day. You never know what photos are being taken but they really do last a lifetime.

“I think someone wanted me to see this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment