Jul 29, 2017

Chelsea’s matches made me lose weight – Conte


Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, has revealed the physical side-effects to his celebrations from the touchline.

The Italian is known for his antics during every game, as he ‘kicked’ every ball and disputed every decision.

Conte, who has a strict regime to maintain his fitness, revealed he is aiming to calm down as he gets older, starting from the new season.

The 47-year-old said: “I finish the game and I’m destroyed. I think I lose 2-3 kilos during the game. For sure in the future my strength will be less and then maybe I will try to keep myself calm and more seated.”

The former Juventus and Italy coach, admits that his intensity comes from his career as a player. Conte inspired the Old Lady to five titles and the Champions League. He also reached the final of both the World Cup and European Championship with Italy.

“If you saw me as a footballer, when I played I always showed a great passion.” he added.

“You saw Antonio Conte during the game showing passion.

“The will to fight, to overcome difficulty with a run, with heart. When the technique doesn’t arrive at the best level, arrive with your heart, with head, with enthusiasm, with passion, with work.

“I think I transferred this to my coaching, but with more talent than I had as a player.”

No comments:

Post a Comment