Jul 26, 2017

My Husband Slit My Neck Because I Wanted To Further My Education - Woman Reveals



A young woman is at the moment recovering fro m a knife wound inflicted on her by her husband over her plan to further her studies abroad.


Ms Olivia Nangonzi, recounted how her neck was slit by her husband after she had enrolled to study nursing in the US. Upon informing her husband, Musa Kisakye, he flew into a rage and attacked her.
Musa, a bicycle taxi rider operator is said to have cut Nangonzi’s neck with a knife then used the same knife to cut himself in the neck as well.

Nangonzi who bore a child for Musa, is recovering in Namirembe Hospital in Mukono town while Musa is in a critical condition at Kawolo Hospital.

Speaking to journalists from her hospital bed, Nangonzi said:



"He thought he had killed me. Actually, I was too weak and I could not scream. That's when he also cut himself in his neck."
She continued: "I was preparing to set off to America this very week. Unfortunately, my husband wanted to kill me claiming that he wanted me to (stay) at home without upgrading (my skills)."Mukono Police District commander, Rogers Seguya confirmed the incident revealing that if Kisakye recovers, he would be charged with attempted murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment