Jul 4, 2017

I owe no one an explanation – Senator Bukar Ibrahim speaks on sex scandal


Senator Bukar Ibrahim has confessed that he was the one in a scandalous video that showed him dressing up in the presence of two women in a room, supposedly after sex.

According to Premium Times, Ibrahim, representing Yobe East Senatorial District, said in his first interview that he has not done anything wrong and the video became public after attempts to blackmail him.


“This is a personal, private matter. What does my having been with a girl have to do with the public?
“You know the normal thing. People ask for unreasonable things, and if you deny them, they try to blackmail you if they have a way,” Ibrahim said.

The former Yobe State Governor, also claimed he cannot remember where or when the incident happened, but he owes no one an explanation.


“If they say I raped, that’s a different matter altogether,” he said.

“Is it because I am a public official then I am not supposed to be entitled to private life?” He added.

Ibrahim says he was aware that the ladies were filming him, but thought it was just for fun.


“They just mentioned it to me as a joke and I took it as nothing really serious,” he said.

“This is something that happened between two adults.”

No comments:

Post a Comment