Mar 9, 2012

Osunbor, has thrown his support behind the candidature of Adams Oshiomhole of the Action Congress


A former governor of Edo State and a gubernatorial aspirant in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) primaries held penultimate weekend, Prof. Oserienmen Osunbor, has thrown his support behind the candidature of Adams Oshiomhole of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). 

The former governor, who lost the primaries of the PDP ticket and his teeming supporters, hosted Oshiomhole at his country home in Iruekpen yesterday.


According to Osunbor, the maiden visit of the governor and his entourage to his home was historic and symbolic and he noted that; “if we have a governor who is developing the state, why should we complain.

“The reason I am in politics is to touch the lives of the people. My interest is service to the people and our people love you because that is what you are doing. The governor has given me the opportunity by assuring me that those projects which I could not complete while I was in office will be completed,” he added.

“I am aware that you have said so many good things about me and I recall a publication in the newspaper where you were quoted as saying that Osunbor is a good man but he is in the company of criminals.” He disclosed that, “Our people love you as you can see them coming to welcome you. We have a good relationship but politics has kept us at a distance. But I know that we have no personal differences.”

In his words: “I hope that this relationship will be sustained and nurtured as from now on and may God give you the wisdom to complete all the projects you have started.” Oshiomhole said he was in Iruekpen to inspect the water project executed by the state government in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment