Mar 19, 2012

Driver Robs Nigerian Senator Of N8 Million At Gunpoint

Senator Edoghie Uzamere, of the Action Congress of Nigeria representing Edo South, received more than he bargained for when his driver of seven years, robbed him at gunpoint on Friday evening.
Uzamere, who narrated his ordeal to newsmen in Abuja, on Saturday, said the incident was a traumatic experience for him and his household.

According to him, the driver, Mohammed Ibrahim, who is in his mid-thirties and a native of Niger State, put a gun to his head and dispossessed him of cash and other valuables.
He said his once trusted aide pointed the weapon at his head, dragged him out of his black Mercedes Benz S 430 and sped off with a briefcase containing an undisclosed but substantial sum of money and very important documents.
The senator, who was on his way to Benin, the Edo state capital for the convention of the Action Congress of Nigeria, said he was happy to be alive.
Uzamere said, “It was around 12pm on Friday. We were on the way to the airport when I decided to check my briefcase.
“I discovered that part of the money inside had been taken. I asked my driver how that came to be since I left him in the car earlier when I went to the Chinese Embassy.
“I felt I would need some money for the activities slated for the convention. So I said he should take me back let me find a solution to the missing money.
“But just before we reached my house, the driver suddenly parked the car, came to my side and put a pistol on my head. He dragged me out and drove off.”
It was gathered that the driver who was described as very religious had over the years wormed his way into the hearts of most of the family members.
The suspect later put a call through to a member of the Uzamere household and told them to pick the vehicle somewhere within the Life camp area in Abuja.
The matter has been reported to the Utako police station.

No comments:

Post a Comment