Mar 19, 2012

Osunbor denies dumping PDP for ACN


FORMER Governor of Edo State, Senator Oserheimen Osunbor, weekend, denied media reports that he had dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN.
In a statement he signed, the former governor said: “My attention has been drawn to my alleged decamping to the Action Congress of Nigeria, sequel to a visit to me in my country home by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the governor of Edo State.

“I have received countless calls from people to ascertain veracity of this speculation which has been fuelled, as I am told, by media reports.
“In so far as the reports have created the impression that I have decamped from the PDP to the ACN, I consider them manipulative and mischievous as there is no basis for such reports.”
He said, “I wish to put on record that I have not decamped from the PDP to the ACN or any other party for that matter. While I continue to reflect on the last gubernatorial primary in which I was an aspirant, I enjoin my supporters to remain calm and contemplate with me the best way to bring back the glory of our party in the overall interest of all members within the context of a progressive Edo State.”

No comments:

Post a Comment