Dec 16, 2012

Jonathan is my president but I won’t keep quiet — Obasanjo


Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday in Abeokuta said he had no problem with President Goodluck Jonathan as being speculated in some quarters.

Obasanjo however said he would not allow himself to be prevented by anyone from discussing pressing national issues and party affairs.

The former president said this when the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, paid him a visit at his Hilltop Country Home in Abeokuta.

Obasanjo told Tukur that his passion, patriotism and love for the country would not allow him to remain silent on burning national issues.

He said “If there is anything that requires my comment, position or views, I will say it. It is only if you kill me. It is my passion, patriotism and love that will continue to make me state my views. If I see something inimical to the party’s growth, I will talk.

“And also to disabuse the minds of rumour mongers, the President is my President. Without Nigeria, there will be no party. Even when I was in prison, I was not quiet. Those who want me and the chairman to quarrel; this visit will keep them quiet. But my mouth will not be quiet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment