Mar 10, 2012

My breasts are ticking

Andrea Hayman
A mother has suffered insomnia and hair loss after both of her breast implants ruptured - causing toxins to leak into her body.
Andrea Hayman, 38, has spoken out to highlight the dangers of Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) implants.
The distressed mother-of-two also wants to encourage women who have had similar breast enhancements to act immediately.
Mrs Hayman, who lives near Ipswich, Suffolk, had her implants removed and replaced on Monday and has since started a support group for victims. 
She branded the notorious PIP implants 'ticking time bombs'.
Mrs Hayman said: 'I just don’t understand how all this has happened. 
'If I would have known that this was going to happen, I wouldn’t have had the implant. 
'It's not worth the risk when it comes to these PIP implants. They are dangerous and women need to have them removed.
'People are living with two ticking time bombs inside their bodies and they aren’t being supported.'
Mrs Hayman had implants fitted in December 2006 after breast-feeding her children had left her 'deflated'.
But Andrea noticed a big difference in the way they felt last year.
'To look at they were fine but they starting feeling really weird and almost mushy.
'I kept calling the Harley Medical Group (where she had the implants fitted) and I kept getting the same answer - that everything was fine,' she said.
'A week after Christmas last year I started getting tingling feelings in my arms, then PIP was in the news every day and I just kept worrying.'

To discover whether her implants had ruptured, Mrs Hayman was forced to pay out almost £200 for an ultrasound scan.
'Once I had the scan and knew that both implants had ruptured I felt relief because then I knew that I could have surgery,' she said. 
'But some people just can't afford that and they aren't getting the support they need.'

A staggering 400,000 women worldwide are thought to have had the controversial implants.
Mrs Hayman said she could not have coped without support groups on social networking site Facebook.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment