Feb 2, 2012

Woman dies after allergic reaction 'to glue in hairdo



A housewife died after suffering a massive allergic reaction possibly triggered by the glue in her hair extensions, an inquest heard today.
Atasha Graham, 34, collapsed after a night out dancing at a club where her boyfriend was the DJ.
The hearing at Southwark Coroner's Court in London was told the allergic reaction may have been caused by the glue used to attach her hair extensions - but there was no way to be 100 per cent certain.
Home Office pathologist Doctor Michael Heath told the inquest: 'I’ve seen cases where people using solvent to apply hair extensions has actually caused anaphylactic shock.
Dr Heath did not find any kind of drugs or substances in her body.
Jamaican-born Ms Graham, who had eaten takeaway jerk pork and Chinese before going out, did not have any history of food allergies.
Dr Heath said an allergic reaction to food would normally occur within half an hour of consumption so he did not think it could have been anything she ate.