Nov 2, 2013

My greatest worry about holding political office – Jonathan

                                  President Goodluck Jonathan wave to the crowd shortly after the conferment of se -lo-lia (Star of the Nation) on him during the courtesy visit to the king for the burial of the first Lady's mother , Madam fynface Oba in Okireka , River state ...yesterday

Jonathan maintained: “We all must die one day. So, we should do all we can do to contribute to the good and happiness of mankind. We are here to celebrate my mother-in-law today because she stood for my wife and today, my wife is a product of the good deeds of Charity Oba.
“And for me, the politics of holding political office is almost like death. What challenges me most is what I will be remembered for when I leave the State House.

”I harbour no ill feelings against criticisms. I will do what is just, right and necessary because I am more concerned about what posterity will say about me and my efforts in transforming Nigeria.”
In-between sobs in her funeral eulogy on her late Stepmother, the nation’s First Lady, Dame Patience said, “You raised me from a tender age, until I was able to stand on the world’s stage. You taught me the right from wrong, and made me virtuous and strong. You put in my heart God’s own song. But now that you are gone, you are with your creator who loves you more”.

“Although the pain is still deep and raw, I will forever cherish all your memories and celebrate your life, for you were a mother in a million, who laboured in love to make me what I am today. Fare thee well Mama Sisi as the angels watch over you in heaven”.

In a loud happy mood believing his raging celebrated friction with the President and Nyesom Wike, Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, one of the earliest arrived dignitaries at the funeral was full of energy, dancing, singing and clapping to praise worship tunes rendered by an array of Nigerian Gospel stars.

Roll call of the personalities converged at the funeral include Vice President, Namadi Sambo; Senate President, David Mark; Senate Leader, Senator William Odoma-Egba among other scores of Senators.

Others in attendance were all the South-South governors – Governors Ameachi of Rivers; Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa; Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta; Liyel Imoke of Cross River; Godspower Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State and Adams Oshiomole of Edo State.

No comments:

Post a Comment