Oct 22, 2012

Why I Started A Record Label - Mikel Obi


Super Eagles midfielder and Chelsea star, Mikel Obi has explained why he decided to float a new record label, even though it almost sounds like something unbelievable having a footballer in the music industry.

His words: ‘Apart from football, music is another thing I had passion for while I was growing up in Jos. I have so much emotional attachment to music. It lifts my soul and makes me happy. The arrival of MMM Records (Matured Money Minds) has gone a long way to show the deep love I have for music. I want to contribute my little quota to the growth of the music industry in Nigeria. I’m a good song writer and singer. If I wasn’t a footballer, I would have done well as a singer or a disc jockey (DJ)’ – Mikel Obi

Mikel has signed on four acts, Splash, Kido, Edgar and Charass.

With the help of his younger brother Patrick Obi, the 25-year-old football star has set up his Matured Money Minds (MMM) entertainment label and has already signed a couple of music acts.

Mikel who has a relationship with P-Square, is hoping to take music promotions in Nigeria to another level. Mikel was born in Jos, a City that has produce great acts like P-Square, MI and Ice Prince.

Report says that the artists on the label have already cut their album and full promotions are in the pipeline to promote and make then rub shoulders with the biggest artistes in the music industry in Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment