Oct 13, 2012

Buy me a car or forget wedding, says bride


A 40-year-old-man, Mohammed Abubakar of Hayin Rigasa, Thursday, brought his bride-to-be, Umulkair Ja'afar, before a Shari'a Court in Magajin Gari, Kaduna, for alleged assault and intimidation.

He told the court that arrangement for the wedding had gone far, when Umulkair told him that he must buy her a car before the ceremony could hold.

He said: "We have started making arrangement of getting married, but she requested that I must buy a car for her before she will marry me.

"I told her that I don't have the money because I just bought my new car."

Abubakar further told the court that his inability to buy a car for Umulkair ended the wedding arrangement.

He told the court: "After this development, the woman started sending insulting and intimidating text messages to me."

He said he had witnesses, who would testify on the issue.

"I have shown them the messages she has been sending to me. I want to bring them before the court to testify," he added.

The Presiding Officer, Ibrahim Inuwa, adjourned the case to October 18, for the continuation of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment