Jan 15, 2013

Airhiavbere has no moral standing to challenge my education – Oshiomole


Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Monday said his victory at the Supreme Court last week had again spurred him to remain committed to the Edo project.

Oshiomhole spoke to State House correspondents on Monday shortly after a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan.

He noted that with the support the people gave to him during the last election, he was ready to continue to serve them to the best of his ability.

He said his main contender, Maj.-Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (rtd), of the People’s Democratic Party, did not have the moral standing to challenge his academic qualification as he did at the tribunal and the court.

He said it was a waste of time for a man that lost in his polling booth, ward and local government to challenge him in court.



Oshiomhole said, “For a man who went to Auchi Polytechnic to challenge an Oxford product was shocking to me. He attended National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies 21 years after I attended the same institution and I made a B+. So, what is he talking about?

“I am not a first term Governor. I am a second term Governor, so I wonder how the same certificate that qualified me for my first election should not qualify me for a return.”

“Anyway, my people have even been saying if a man who didn’t attend school can think and act the way I do, then, maybe we should abolish education.

No comments:

Post a Comment