Aug 21, 2012

Missing Lady Cynthia Udoka Osokogu Found Dead

24-year-old Cynthia Udoka Osokogu, who was declared missing weeks ago is dead. Her corpse was found in a mortuary in Lagos over the weekend. The body has been in the mortuary since late July.

Before her death, she was a post graduate student of the Nassarawa State University and the only daughter of General Frank Osokogu Rtd.

She was last seen on the 14th of July 2012 and was reported to have traveled to Lagos.

Osokogu reportedly came to Lagos in July to shop for her boutique in Nassarawa but didn’t really tell anyone where exactly she was going to or who she was meeting.

She was allegedly killed by close confidants who knew her Travel Plans and picked her up from the Airport.

Some people have been arrested in connection with her death.

Details are sketchy but report says she was robbed and killed in the hotel she lodged in Lagos by the same people who supposedly picked her up from the airport. There’s definitely more to the story. Even the family members don’t have all the details.

Her corpse had been found in a mortuary. Family and friends had thought she was missing because they did not know that she was dead.

A source said, “There are indications Osukogwu, who is a postgraduate student of Nasarawa State University, was killed at the hotel before her corpse was transferred to the mortuary.

“Police investigations suggest that Osukogwu was robbed and killed in the hotel she lodged in by the same people she was supposed to do business with.”

Policemen had interrogated some employees of the hotel and had arrested some suspects after the hotel management presented CCTV footage of the culprits while entering her room.

The culprits were said to be the same people who actually paid for her flight ticket to Lagos.

Police sources said the culprits belong to a syndicate that specialised in luring young women to Lagos for “evil purpose”.

The matter was transferred to Area E Command, FESTAC since July but family of the deceased only got the news of the incident on Saturday.

It was not clear why the police delayed giving the information to the family.

The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident but said she did not have the details as at press time.

However, a reliable source at the station said six people had been arrested and were being interrogated by the police.

She said, “Six people were arrested on Sunday over the incident and investigations are ongoing.”